Looking for more zucchini hacks? Our Zucchini Lasagna Rollups are a must-make!
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. organic grass-fed ground beef
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 c. red enchilada sauce, divided
4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 c. shredded Monterey jack
1 c. shredded cheddar
Sour cream, for drizzling
Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9”-x-13” baking pan with cooking spray. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add organic grass-fed ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return skillet to stove then adds 1 cup enchilada sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler to make thin slices of zucchini. Layout three slices, slightly overlapping, and place a spoonful of beef mixture on top. Roll up and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining zucchini and beef mixture.
- Spoon remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce over zucchini enchiladas and sprinkle with both cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro before serving.